Monday, September 10, 2012

Death by logs and other haps


Okay, I have just come back on this blog and am very ashamed to see that I was last on here in August going on about the Olympics and how motivated I was to actually do some exercise.  I think I also made noises about planting potatoes.  So, what am I actually doing right now?

Update - I am proud to say that I have joined a 12 week challenge run by an ex-Navy guy who makes us run up hills, lift tyres and logs and do step ups on tractor tyres for a good hour and a half 3 times a week. The first time we had to run up the hill I almost passed out (on the way back down the hill).  Why is it that everytime I do exercise I feel nothing but RAGE? It starts out with me feeling like I just want to kill the instructor and then usually ends up with me having these stupid thoughts like, "If I drop this log on my head and knock myself out cold, will he let me sit out the next set of exercises?" hmmm... Dangerous thoughts to have, especially when there is another unfortunate soul holding up the other end of the log.  I tell myself to hold on to the memories of the pain next time I am tempted by any calorie-laden treats.  Needless to say, the memories of the pain, sweat and plans for suicide by log are always far from my mind and my magava when I am anywhere near hot chips on a cold, wet and blustery day.  It's great to have a huge group of people to train with (70 plus?) the only downside is being the slowest, most unfit member of the 70 plus.

Potatoes - still a dream in progress.  I still have hope that I will manage to grow some - even if it means growing them on my kitchen windowsill. 

Okay, going back to bed so that I won't fall asleep on the job in roughly 4 hours.

I just read the funniest blog 'Le Olaga e'.  Absolutely hilarious - how I love her writing style! Go visit her blog and see what I mean. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, welcome back! ...well, I've been stalking ur page anyway but yeah...and you're so inspiring with the whole 12 week challenge...I need to get motivated and do something like that...latr, lol.

    Manuia le aso, and Eio, le olaga e has been keeping me amused for the last few weeks Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Goddess! My sudden appearance after a month means that I have some very important due dates coming up for reports etc.. lol Hope you have a great weekend loving the sun down in Welly - finally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ exercise rage. That's me right there. Intense circuit training with the hubby usually ends in tears of pain, and regret that I'm too sore to throw something at his head. And that is why I have a killer body...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo Bina! Yes, I am so "HULK SMASH" whenever the pain kicks in or when I run out of breath lol Keep up the great work with your intense circuit training woman! I wish I could get a killer body but will have to settle for a smaller Hulk frame for now lol

    ReplyDelete

Faaali sou manatu