Thursday, May 10, 2012

Graduation


I graduate next week.  I can't believe that graduation is just around the corner after all this time.  When I think back to all the years of work that it has taken to get this far, it makes me wonder 'How did I do it?'.

Well, I just kept going. I owe this degree to the love and support of many people. Some people provided encouragement and support.  Some provided love and encouragement and support.  Some provided love, encouragement, support and motivation on top of all that.  I thank God for all of the above and for the power to keep going when I thought I couldn't do anymore. I admit that there were times when I felt that nobody cared if I passed or failed. It was during these times when passing became extremely important because I was doing it (the study) to prove something to myself.  I had to prove that I could accomplish this goal of completing a Master's degree.

At the end of the day, it is how you view yourself that matters more than anything.  What other people think of you or how they view you means nothing because nobody on earth can give you more grief than you can give yourself if you don't achieve your goals.

This time next week, I will have already crossed the stage to receive in my hot little hands a piece of paper which has taught me so much about myself in the process of achieving it. Although it is just a piece of paper, everytime I will look at it, I will know without a doubt that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.  

2 comments:

  1. Malō lava le tauivi ma le fa'amalosi! Congratulations on your great achievement! It's great to know that women, despite being wives, mothers and career women still manage to pursue bigger pastures, conquer and overcome! (sorry for the run on sentence lol) I have been procrastinating with my Masters and after reading about your accomplishment, the fire is once again ignited to push on and get going again. LOL!

    Thanks for the reminder that we can do anything we put our minds to! :) Well done and excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words suga! I know how hard it can be to keep going but believe me, it is so worth it once you get that email or letter in the post saying 'Congratulations on completing your degree'. I have been off work for a couple of days as my son had his tonsils out yesterday and tomorrow I go back to work before another day off work for graduation. Life as a mother, wife, daughter and employee or employer does not stop but we keep going in faith and with the love and support of our friends and family. I will be cheering you on and really look forward to seeing your blog about your graduation in the near future. All the best!!!

      Delete

Faaali sou manatu