Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Get Growing!
Oka, I haven't been on here in yonks! Not that anyone noticed anyway so back to my update. What have I been doing all this time? I wish that I could say that I have been lazing on a beach somewhere exotic or tropical like Hawaii but then I would be lying.
I am happy to report that I have been making healthy choices food and exercise wise and doing some gardening. I am now the proud owner of a garden that has lettuce, silverbeet, parsley, beetroot, celery, tomatoes, courgettes, beans, pumpkin and last but not least - potatoes! I know, "How BORING!" you must think as you read this but I am thrilled that I am finally growing my own veges again and loving it. Nothing beats watching dirt day after day watching for a sign of life, watering soil and wondering if the seeds have drowned or have gone bad and then one day... you see a tiny sign of green and it is a shoot!
My children really want to grow their own flowers, fruit and veges now so their father is getting them some material to make their own raised beds for planting. Absolutely loving it.
Next week is the last week of work so lots and lots of deadlines to meet. Our last day will be very sad as we farewell quite a few members of staff. Lovely people who over the years have become very good friends. Hopefully they will come back to visit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Faaali sou manatu