Saturday, June 29, 2013
'Fence sitting'
Okay, so it's the last day of June 2013. Everytime I visit my blog with the purpose of updating it (more to get rid of the guilt I feel than actually providing something worth reading) I chicken out. My fingers slowly tap away until I get to the part where I delete the blog and then I chicken out again. To blog or not to blog? That is the question.
So, I feel the itch to write, to express my thoughts to nobody in particular and everybody in the universe at the same time. To tell you what's been going on but at the same time, not providing enough details so that I can avoid the feeling of paranoia that comes when someone in my hometown gives me a look that says, "I know what you did last summer".
Well, a lot has changed since the last time I posted. I am now a 'sole parent' to my three beautiful kids by choice, because my husband has crossed the ditch to find employment that pays more than the peanuts on offer here in this wonderful country. Thankfully he has found a job in a mine in an undisclosed location and it pays more than twice what he was making here which will be a great help to our finances. It has taken a while to get used to living life without him here but with three kids and a full-time job, family obligations and a little business on the side, there is no time to be moping about missing him.
Healthwise things are looking up. I remember writing some lofty goals early in 2012 with one of my goals being to drop three dress sizes (as embarrassing as that was to write, it was the truth because I needed to!!!) and to date I have dropped four dress sizes (yep, I had more than three dress sizes to lose lol). So feeling pretty good. I have climbed mountains, almost dropped telephone posts on my head, walked, hula swagged and aquajogged my way here but the main thing was definitely due to - 'kipi le 'ai - high protein, low carb and no sugar. It is great to have a lot of support for this particular goal. I have joined our local council owned gym as well. It's okay, customer service needs to be improved but other than that it's all good. Well, I just have to keep on going!!!
Okay, I have to go meet a dear friend who is visiting Wellywood. I'm glad that I have posted something because all I know is that the only thing you get from sitting on the fence is a sore muli lol.
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Faaali sou manatu