Sunday, December 18, 2011

Who do you worship?

I am a Christian.  I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe in God and the Devil.  I believe in angels and demons.  I was brought up in the Presbyterian Church although I have a baptismal certificate that states that I was baptized in the Roman Catholic Church.  I haven't studied Christian history but I am sure that the Presbyterian Church is somehow related to the Catholic church - same God, slightly different ways of worshipping.

What I don't understand is how anyone who has been brought up in a similar Christian environment can within a few months be baptized into a religion that states that Jesus Christ already returned to earth in the form of a Korean man (who died in 1985 btw) and that a Korean woman is 'Mother God'.  To worship another human being who lives in Korea (or anywhere in the world for that matter) is just - wrong. That's just my own personal view but I am sure that I am not alone.  I mean, some people worship 'celebrities' in a way like the Kardashians, SBW and other fallible humans that the media deem worthy of stalking but I am sure that people don't pray to them and cut off ties to their families just to follow the object of their devotion.

As we draw closer to Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ (which this particular sect does not recognize) it saddens me to know that someone I care for may be busy praying (at designated times) to a dead person and a woman who lives far away and who cares nothing for her except her financial contribution. What can you do when anything you say about said church is viewed as Satan working through family and friends to turn her away from 'the Truth'? E sili ai le ulu pasi i gei ikuaiga loku.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Faaali sou manatu