It's Valentine's Day and my baby is now one year old! I had a great day at work today and was just marvelling at how fast a year goes by. One year ago, I was in theatre having my beautiful boy - it was an emergency ceaserean and thank goodness for the epidural which meant that I didn't feel a thing but was wide awake to see baby as soon as he was lifted out of my womb. My friend (baby's godmother) took me out to lunch today to celebrate his birthday which was really sweet of her as it was baby's birthday - not mine! Even though we have celebrated his birthday today, we are also going to have a barbecue on Saturday with family. The only people outside of the family who have been invited are my best friend and her husband (because my dear friend is also baby's godmother). He doesn't have a godfather, just an earthly father and God our Heavenly Father.
I am just so thankful for this little bundle of joy who is now a busy little boy, always on the move and always full of laughs and smiles. He starts at daycare next Monday so that's another huge new step for him and for me. Looking forward to celebrating many more Valentine's Days with the newest little man in my life : ) Thank you God for the best Valentine's Day gift ever!



awww cuuuute!! Definitely best Valentines Day present! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Laura : ) He's a little rascal but definitely gives me a lot of joy
Delete