What's going on right now? Nothing much - have just had a week of the whole family being sick. We changed doctors recently and it's amazing how much money we have saved by doing that. The whole family can be seen now for the cost of just ONE adult at our old medical centre. Our old GP charges were so kaugaka (well, for me anyway) that I would soldier on with Panadol etc... instead of seeing the Doctor to get myself sorted. The kids we would always take to see the Doctor no matter what the cost because it wasn't their fault that they were born into this world. The downside of avoiding the doctor for ages just to save money on medical bills? Prolonged sickness and kiga kaliga. The husband has been coughing his lungs out since Christmas and I have just come down with a tickly throat and a hint of a cough. I hate coughing. Especially when one cough turns into one of those huge coughing fits when your head feels like it's going to explode and you start to see those little stars going around your head like you see in cartoons. My Mother in-law who was down here recently heard her dear son (my husband) coughing his lungs out and after hearing that he refused to see a doctor, said to him - "Alu ia e vaai se foma'i! Ua koeikiki e ki'o i lou ofuvae i lau kale" LOL Gotta love that woman. Needless to say, my hubby made an appointment to see a Doctor and got a hefty dose of heavy-duty antibiotics to get rid of his chest infection. I'm going to use that line from now on next time he says he's too busy to see the doctor.
This weekend we have had very bad weather. Apparently the whole of the North Island has been affected. We have a fire blazing away in the living room which is a huge help to keep us all nice and toasty inside. I have some dear friends in town who have come for a conference and I was supposed to go to visit them but haven't been able to because of the weather, kids and lastly no babysitter available if the kids were well. I will make an effort to go out to visit them tomorrow - hopefully the weather will be a lot better tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Faaali sou manatu