After work today, I had a discussion with my sister at my parents' place about the new give way rules. I confess I was feeling pretty confident as I had taken the quiz on the new 'Give way' rules online and got 9 out of 9 questions correct. I was getting quite serious in our discussion and went so far as to use the salt shaker, margarine and various containers on the dining table to demonstrate to my sister how the new rules worked. She asked me, "Who gives way at an uncontrolled intersection?". I had read
My sister wanted to know how I knew this, so I said (with all the confidence and assurance of one who was involved in creating the new rules) "The rule you have to remember is 'Top of the 'T' gives way to me". She looked doubtful but I (with my 9/9 perfect online 'Give Way' quiz score) assured her that I was right. Just then, an ad came on the t.v about the new rule at 'T' intersections and at the end all I could see and hear was, "Top of the 'T' goes before me".
I now understand how men ended up getting the tatau after the women got their song mixed up after diving for the faisua. The moral of the story is 'Learn the rules and the correct phrase' before you hit the roads on the 25th of March!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Faaali sou manatu