Wednesday, I was driving home from work and had just signalled to turn right into another street when I saw an oncoming vehicle signalling that they were going to turn into the same street. My brain went, "Oh, they give way to me of course", and so I proceeded to turn right into this street. Halfway through my turn, I suddenly remembered the 'NEW' give way rules and screeched to a halt. The other driver nervously gestured to me to keep going (probably because he feared for his life) and so, very sheepishly, I did. When I had to turn left into my street, an oncoming vehicle started signalling to turn right, into the same street. I almost gave way to them but then kept going. Gosh, these new rules really do take a bit of getting used to. So far I haven't heard of anyone having an accident (except for yours truly) so it seems that Kiwis are going with the flow.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Faaali sou manatu