Sunday, July 15, 2012

This week

My daughter's twin


This week has just gone by so fast.  I loved just hanging out with my kids, watching their favourite dvds at home and playing games.  I took my 9 and 7 year olds to the movies to watch 'Brave'.  Omg, the main character is a Scottish, curly red-headed version of my daughter!  The facials, the moans and groans and grumpiness of Princess Merida when she was asked to do something was sooooooo like my girl I kept sneaking glances at Little Miss 9 in the dark to see her reaction.  She was actually laughing (and I bet it was because she was seeing herself up there on the big screen).  We had a great time though and I really look forward to doing this more often with my kids.  It seems like I spend so much time focused on other things, like work and church and paying the bills that I sometimes forget to take time out to do fun stuff with the kids. 

I was watching 'Bridezilla' on Sky the other night and while I couldn't stand to watch it, I couldn't stop watching it.  One bridezilla from Wisconsin was a real monster to deal with.  I just felt so sorry for her fiancee because she would swear at him, slap him around and even made him wear one of her bridesmaids' dresses so that she could make some alterations.  The worst part was how she treated her future mother in-law, she called her names, and threatened to beat her up etc... while the fiancee just stood by either doing nothing or just laughing as his future wife bullied his mother - what a jerk! Anyway, my boy was reading a book on the sofa and he asked me what I was watching.  I told him what the show was about and then said, "This bride said that she wants to beat up her boyfriend's mother.  What would you do if a girl you wanted to marry said that she wanted to beat me up?".  He put his book down and said in a very solemn tone, "I would cancel the wedding and ring the police to lock that girl up". That's my boy!  

2 comments:

  1. Brave made me cry..it was a good movie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried too! The part where Merida was crying for her mother and yet she still hadn't changed back - made me think of what it would be like to not remember my own children, that just broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Faaali sou manatu